Surface should be free from dirt, dust, grease, rust, moisture etc. The area which is not to be painted must be covered by a masking tape, paper and/or cloth.
- De-grease and de-rust ferrous metal substrates by suitable treatment.
- For nonferrous metal substrates like Aluminium as well as Galvanised Iron, Tin etc pre-treat the surface with Wash Primer. For ferrous metal substrates apply Metal Primer - Corrosion Resistant either by brushing or spraying.
- Ensure that the surface is free from moisture and loose matter.
- Apply one more coat of Metal Primer by brushing or spraying to cover puttied areas.
- For best results, allow the primer coat to dry for 6 hours and dry sand with emery paper no. 320 before application of subsequent coat.
For best results
- Allow the surface to dry overnight after application of primer as above.
- Apply top coat (Berger Paints Premium Hi Gloss Enamel, Berger Paints Premium Semi Gloss Enamel) using the recommended thinner. For best results, apply two coats allowing 8 hours of drying time between two coats.
- The first coat should be wet sanded with waterproof emery paper grade 400 before applying the second coat.